Sunday, April 23, 2006

In all my knitting years, which have not been very many I have never seen anything as wonderful as the knitting blog. And now since I have absolutly no time at all, (because I am smack dot in the middle of my finals) I've decided it's a great time to start my own.
I can now finish my pieces because I'll feel bad, if I don't show any of my readers (if anyone ever decides to read my blog) my FO's. It's also a great time to start a knitting blog because my boyfriend and his digital camera are moving back to TO and I can know take pictures of my knitting as well.
For my first post, I will post all of my unfinished knitting th
at I hope to one day be completed.
* This beautiful monkey face is part of a napsac from Stich 'n' Bitich, and since I hate sewing things together, I managed to lose the rest of the bag in the past two years that it's been sitting in the knitting-corner of my room.


* Next we have my 'Hurry up Spring' armwarmers, that quickly got ripped up and knit into funky legwarmers. I think they are soon to be ripped up and knit into a funky little felted (oooooooooh I so badly want to try and felt something) purse. Maybe something from stich'n'bitch nation. I love the colours in this yarn it's so pretty. Sorry the pictures didn't turn out so well, I have a lot to learn about lighting.

And lastly for the moment I am currently working on Eunny's Deep V Argyle Vest . I actually knit a swatch before I started it, my very first swatch ever, and my very first steak ever too!!

Isn't it the cutest thing you have ever seen, ok maybe not. I got a little carried away when it didn't unravel. But it didn't unravel!

* Here is my vest, Ok so I am a little further along on Enny's vest. But this is the latest photo I have of it. I got all excited when I reached the bottom of the V, so I decided to switch to dps. Let me ask you this: WHAT was I thining? Not only did I switch to dps, but aluminum ones at that. And my pretty flat rows with no bunching and good tension are gone. It's all fugly now, I only hope that the blocking gods take pitty on me. And if I ever knit it again I will be fully stocked up on bamboo circular needles of every shape and size to keep my knitting pretty and my hands happy.

No comments: