Saturday, August 18, 2007

Trying to Knit Socks

I want to knit socks. I love socks! I think that new socks are the greatest more wonderful thing in the world. Sometimes I think about what I would do if I was very rich, maybe travel around the world, give lots of money to charity and buy designer cloths, things like that. But the one sort of little extravagance that I would allow myself would be a new pair of socks every day of the year (except, of course, for the days that I don't wear any socks at all). So know that you understand my sock rant it's a little more clear on why I would, so badly, want to learn how to knit socks. What's better then new socks??? Hand knit new socks of course.
B
ut here we come to my problem, I can't be act like a normal beginner knitter and find a basic, learn-how-to-knit-a-sock-pattern, noooo I have to find the hardest sock pattern I can find, and on top of that I'm going to try and modify it to fit my foot, the product...
Socks that have cut-off-the-circulation-to-my-feet-cuffs and I'm not so sure about the heel flap, it may be giant it may be perfect, I really don't know enough about socks to know. Now for the hard part. Do I frog them completely and start new? (the practical, logical answer) or do I learn how to knit short rows and finish them to admire purely for their first-pair-of-socks-knit- status? I don't know usually anything I have to frog I put in my knitting shoe box (which is really a boot box) and leave it there until the day that I'm no longer lazy and want to reknit them. But this is beautiful Jitter Bug hand dyed yarn and it would be just plain cruel to shoe box it. Ok I will frog it, but just one last look at the pretty Pomatous fishy scales.

I don't know if the picture is clear enough, but it's ok. I feel like I spent ages working on this cuff, or maybe it's just because the last time I worked on it was ages ago.

No comments: