Saturday, October 06, 2007

To knit or to study

I wish that I had more time to knit and more money to buy yarn with. I started Cherie Amour a couple of weeks ago and it is knitting up pretty quickly, unfortunately I haven't had the time to finish it. Midterms are around the corner and since it's still 25 degrees outside.... that's not fair. Midterms should only be given when it's too cold to go outside and play. So instead of knitting I spend my evenings reading (or staring at) textbooks on philosophy, psychology, Greek culture, and English literature... ok it's not that bad. It's more just the fact that I HAVE to read it. It's not like I'm just this brilliantly cultured girl who spends her evenings indulging in interesting and classical works. It's that I'm this girl who is enslaved by her overbearing workload and has no time to knit... hmph!

Anyways, enough of that rant, in knitting news... besides Cherie Amour coming along I'm also now a member of The Sexy Knitters Club YAY!! I've ordered my yarn for the Zepher girls' Tree Jacket from Knit Picks and will be expecting beautiful cranberry red merino, silk, alpaca any day now. It's the same yarn used in the picture. I couldn't really afford the yarn but my boss was a total *cough cough* to me the other day and I had to cheer myself up somehow.


Also I checked my Ravelry status and I'm not really sure what #25946 on the list means, it seems like there is a lot of people in line ahead of me, so I will continue to wait as patently as I can.


Found you!
You signed up on August 15, 2007
You are #25946 on the list.
1603 people are ahead of you in line.
14307 people are behind you in line.
59% of the list has been invited so far


Anyways, that's all for now. I'll try and borrow my boyfriend's camera and get some progress pics up soon.

No comments: